Another meme, yes, but one I’ve always wanted to participate in since reading Abby’s Five Senses Friday every week. It’s a great way to slow down and reflect, which I am needing more and more lately it seems . . .
- Tasting: “DIY” banh mi sandwiches, made with freshly baked baguette from Banh Mi Che Cali, homemade roasted pork ribs, slow-braised tofu and bamboo, pickled carrots and basil
- Touching: the ends of my freshly trimmed hair
- Seeing: an episode from season three of Mad Men
- Hearing: the sound of raindrops on the roof, which I love falling asleep to
- Smelling: the deliciousness that is roasted Okinawan purple sweet potatoes
Our worst fears lie in anticipation
I’ve been having more and more moments of internal disquietude lately regarding some aspects of my life. The fact that I don’t know what kind of future lies ahead for me is unsettling for me. These fears always seem to surface late at night when I’m the least rational; when I wake up in the morning I feel fine (but not without a slightest bit of emotional hangover).
At least I have those girl scout cookies to assuage my worries (for the time being) and tomorrow I’m visiting my little sister at school, hanging out with her always makes me feel better.