I’m finally participating in Things I Love Thursday! Here’s a couple of things that I’ve been loving this week:
- The fact that my sister always surprises me with holiday-themed peanut butter candies
- Sweets, in general. I’ve been having a raging case of sweet tooth lately, it seems. Here I broiled a caramel marshmallow over an english muffin spread with homemade nutella.
- Watching sports on tv. For the last two weeks, my dad and I have been glued to the television watching the Vancouver olympics. Despite NBC’s infuriating delayed/edited broadcast for the west coast, I really enjoyed watching all the events this time around. Now that the olympics are over, my life feels slightly empty . . . it’s back to watching NBA games but those aren’t every night . . .
- Orange County Restaurant Week. $10 lunches and $20 dinners at places where an appetizer will usually run you about that much. My parents and godsister went to try local restaurant, and had a fabulous dinner. Post about that to come 🙂
- This book.
Stayed up way past my normal sleep time just finish this last night. Hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time. Probably one of the best books I’ve read in the past couple of years. Pick it up if you can.
- A simple dinner of freshly fried tortilla chips, salsa and Jarritos Tamarindo. Comfort food at its best.